Whether you are remodeling, restructuring or building new offices, you could use some expert advice about office space planning. New Orleans design professionals at The Office Planning Group are standing by to assist you with a free planning consultation. When you work with us, you don’t receive a “cookie cutter” solution. We avoid making recommendations based simply on what’s trendy at the moment. Instead, we dig into the real functional business requirements your workspace needs to meet. This includes:
- Optimizing the layout to fit workstations and other equipment into the available space
- Ensuring excellent work flow and the feel of a spacious environment
- Designing for modularity and flexibility to support future expansion or reconfiguration
- Selecting ergonomic office furnishings that promote productivity and employee well-being
- Layering and coordinating aesthetics to create an office design that accents your brand
We enjoy collaborating with our clients to develop and implement a plan that turns their office space into a place where work gets done right.
What Is Our Process Like?
At The Office Planning Group, we take our responsibility for providing expert consulting services very seriously. Instead of relying on blueprints or photos, we perform on-site evaluations as part of the no-charge consultation process. This is really the only way to fully understand your business needs. Once we have a good grasp of the potential of your office space, we move forward with the following steps to help you make your final decisions:
- Develop a floor plan that maximizes your available square footage
- Assist with material selection along with color and texture coordination (these can be put together in a “look book” for easy review)
- Offer furniture and manufacturer recommendations for the right image and function at your target price
- Create a furniture standards program to help you simplify office furniture lifecycle management including maintenance, replacement, and future purchases
- Provide initial 3D computerized drawings that allow you to fully visualize the suggested office space plan
Are you ready to get started on your office space planning? New Orleans and surrounding areas are our prime business territory. Contact us for a free, no-obligation consult today.
At the Office Planning Group, we like to stay abreast of the latest trends. Of course, we often find that what’s just becoming fashionable turns out to be what we’ve been doing for years. Take a look at this recent blog post at Fresh Gigs to see what we mean. One of the three major trends Jerrie Morrison writes about is “Purpose”. This is office design that is:
- In alignment with the values of your company (enhancing your corporate image)
- Healthy and comfortable for employees (boosting morale and productivity)
- Eco-friendly and sustainable (reducing resource consumption of both raw materials and energy)
This kind of office space supports and increases the engagement level of workers by making a statement about the purpose of your business. Today’s workers know they are likely to change jobs many times over the course of a few decades. You can’t count on loyalty based in job security to motivate employees anymore. They know spending a lifetime with one employer is unlikely. So, you need a way to make them excited about coming to work – and a way to attract new talent when your current employees move on to their next job. When employees feel their work has purpose, they become self-motivated.
Just Adding Fancy Office Furniture Won’t Do the Trick
You need a workspace that is designed so that all elements come together to send a message about what your company thinks is important. For your organization, that might go far beyond simply making a profit. Hopefully, your purpose also includes:
- Delivering lasting value to customers
- Providing an inspiring and healthful workplace for employees
- Bringing prosperity to the local and larger community
- Preserving the planet for future generations
At The Office Planning Group, we have extensive experience advising organizations on ways to brand their workspace to be consistent with their stated mission. We can help you revamp your existing space with the right changes or give you a fresh start with an entirely new layout and furniture. Our consultation process is thorough and will save you a huge amount of time and money in deciding on the perfect direction to take your office design.
At The Office Furniture Planning Group, we don’t just have designers, planners and installers on hand to serve your needs. We’ve also got a project management team to make sure everything happens when it’s supposed to happen. These folks don’t get the glamorous limelight, but they pull all the strings behind the scenes to ensure your office furniture project outcome meets or exceeds your expectations. A PM is the person who keeps track of all the various aspects of your furniture shipments. Their job is to get the job done in a timely fast – and help save you money in the process.
For example, they know how to review and compile your furniture order so freight is routed in the most efficient manner. In some cases, that might save you money on trip fees, pickup and delivery fees, handling fees and fuel surcharges. Of course, if a particularly critical piece is on backorder, they can also negotiate for a “hot shot” shipment to get it here on time so your installation isn’t delayed. If there are any unavoidable changes in the schedule, your PM gives you the heads up so you can decide how to proceed.
That’s Not All…
Besides managing the order tracking process, your project manager runs interference with all the other contractors that are involved in a modern office furniture installation. This means you don’t have to bear the full brunt of coordinating communication with:
- The electricians who run the wiring to each workstation
- The IT guys who lay cable in cubicle raceways
- The building or facility manager who needs to be in the loop on any changes to the layout and verify that everything is up to code
- The construction manager handling any built-in items, wall reconfiguration or other new building aspects of the project
If we are doing our job right, you’ll never even know about half the bumps in the road we smooth out on the way to getting your office furniture installed on time and within budget!
If you’ve browsed the broad selection of services The Office Planning Group offers, you may have noticed that we help clients develop office furniture standards programs. While not every company needs a standards program, larger businesses tend to find that this approach to sourcing and provisioning furniture is highly effective. What benefits does such a program have for enterprises and other organizations? Here are 10 key perks:
- Lower Pricing: With standardization, you know the top manufacturer brands you intend to purchase over the next 5-10 years. This makes it easier to get contract pricing that saves you money.
- Better Space Usage: Any new leased or built space can be designed around the type of office furniture that will be installed, ensuring less wasted or “shadow” space.
- Higher Asset Reutilization: When you have a protocol in place for inventorying and tracking each piece of office furniture, you can ensure that you don’t buy new when an item sitting in storage could be used instead.
- Faster Provisioning: Whether you are buying new and need speedy delivery or relocating furniture from one site to another, a standards program gives you an edge in outfitting the workspace for a new employee or a whole new department without delay.
- Greater Ergonomics: With a standards program that sets a minimum requirement for ergonomics, you have the potential to reduce repetitive stress injuries in the workplace.
- Better Branding: All office furniture can be standardized to fit the color scheme or “look and feel” for your business – even across multiple satellite locations.
- More Productivity: Furniture is selected based on how well it supports the types of work actually performed within your organization.
- Extended Lifespan: Office furniture that is standardized can be reconfigured or added to with ease allowing it to be functional for longer.
- Less Administrative Hassle: When a policies are in place for how office furniture is allocated and who is responsible for each step (approval, purchasing, installation), there is less chance for confusion and redundant work in the provisioning process.
- Higher Employee Satisfaction: Employees don’t feel that some workers get special treatment when it comes to office furniture. Standards are open, transparent and fair.
Because we call our firm The Office Planning Group, it might be natural for clients to assume that all we do is handle initial consultations and the design process. But we really “Plan and Deliver” throughout the entire lifecycle of your office furniture. That includes the first three stages that happen fairly close together:
- The design phase
- The purchasing phase
- The installation phase
Once your furniture is in place and ready for service, it’s just the beginning of your relationship with the Office Planning Group. Here are even more ways you may interact with our company over the coming years (or decades):
Repairs and Maintenance
During your consultation, we help you select office furnishings from trusted manufacturers with a reputation for excellent workmanship and high quality materials. However, the workplace environment can take a toll on even the sturdiest office equipment over time. That’s why it makes sense to hope for the best but plan for the occasional maintenance call.
Perhaps you have a warranty issue that you need resolved due to unexpected failure of a component. Maybe an employee somehow manages to damage a piece of furniture in a way that voids the warranty. You don’t have to worry about figuring out which vendor you bought the piece from or shipping items back to the manufacturer with all the hassle that entails. We’re the people you call to replace or repair your office furniture.
Moves and Re-Configuration
If you stay in business over the long term (and we certainly hope you do), things are going to change. You might move to a smaller office to take advantage of lease savings or hire additional employees you want to squeeze into your existing office space. This means you need to figure out how to fit your office furniture into a smaller footprint without sacrificing comfort or productivity. Sounds like a job for The Office Planning Group!
Or, you might be moving to a larger space and increasing your headcount. You don’t want to start over with all new furniture if you can just add more workstations of the same type. That’s easy when you can call us to plan, purchase, and install more pieces that match what you have in place. We build modularity and flexibility into your office design from the start because we plan to be there for you as you grow!